We commit to you that we will perform the following duties when managing your property.
Marketing your property for lease
- We will erect a ‘For Lease’ sign on your property within two working days of the advertising going live (if signs are permitted).
- We will place a listing for your property on all the Real Estate websites we subscribe to, and each listing will include at least five photos of the property.
- We will conduct an unlimited number of private viewings of your property and at least one Open for Inspection each week until the property is leased (subject to access provided to us by any current occupant).
- All property viewings will be carried out by one of our representatives (we do not give out keys to prospective tenants).
- We will update you on the status of your available property at least twice each week and provide you with a weekly marketing report until such time as the property is leased.
Leasing your property
- All information and references provided by tenancy applicants will be verified by us within two working days of receipt.
- All tenancy applicants will be screened on the national and international tenancy databases that we subscribe to.
- Unless you instruct otherwise, all potentially suitable tenancy applications will be referred to you for a decision.
- We will lease your property for the rental amount agreed between us and the property will not be leased for a lower amount without your prior approval.
- Subject to the tenancy commencement date and the tenant’s availability, we will prepare the tenancy documentation within three working days of tenancy approval.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy.
- We will follow up all rent payments in accordance with our fully documented arrears process, and the requirements of the relevant legislation.
- Should termination of the tenancy be necessary, we will keep you informed throughout the legal process.
- You will be advised once the rent arrears have been paid by the tenant.
- All monies received by us will be banked into your nominated bank account to you within two working days of our Rent Statement close off date.
- We can provide you with twice monthly rent payments (mid-month and end of month) if required.
Repairs and maintenance
- All non urgent repair requests from tenants will be attended to within five working days of receipt.
- We will not arrange any repairs to your property without your knowledge and approval (unless the repair is defined as urgent under the Residential Tenancies Act).
- We will attend to any urgent repair requests within four hours of receipt.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to obtain the best pricing for your repairs and maintenance.
- We will only use appropriately licensed and insured tradespeople for any repairs or maintenance work to your property.
- We will provide you with a copy of invoices for all work arranged on your behalf for the property.
Tenancy agreement renewels
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property 30 days prior to its expiry.
- Unless you instruct otherwise, we will offer the tenant a renewal of the tenancy agreement for the same period as the initial agreement at the same rent (or a higher rent if the market justifies it).
- You will be advised if the tenant does not want to renew their tenancy agreement.
- We will carry out at least four periodic inspections of your property each year and provide you with a detailed report each time.
On receipt of a tenant vacating notice we will:
- advise you by phone, letter or email
- confirm details in writing to both you and the tenant
- list the property on our website and put the agreed advertising plan into effect
- prepare all necessary vacating documentation
- arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants
After the tenant vacates the property we will:
- process the tenant’s rental bond refund
- if deductions from the rental bond are considered necessary, full details will be provided to the tenant
- complete all necessary documentation to finalise the rental bond when all rent monies, water rates and any cleaning or repair invoices are fully paid.
Property disbursements and statements
- All agreed property disbursements will be paid on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds).
- Your Rent Statement will be sent to you within two working days of our monthly close off date.
- We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and Expenditure Statement within 30 days of the end of the Financial Year.
Our office hours are
8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday – Friday.
We will respond to:
- telephone messages within 4 hours
- email within 24 hours
- We will promptly advise you of any pertinent matters affecting your property or the tenancy.
- Tenant complaints received in writing (i.e. letter, email) will be acknowledged within two working days.
- All complaints will be formally recorded and responded to within two working days.
- We will provide all documentation in clear and concise English.
- We will ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
- All property condition reports will be comprehensively and accurately completed.
- Copies of all documents that we sign as an agent on your behalf will be forwarded to you (unless you instruct otherwise).
- All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be released to a third party without written authorisation.
- All updates and corrections advised to us will be recorded in our system within one working day.
The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional practice will be conducted in compliance with the Code of Conduct of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand. (See Appendix)
Our guarantee to you
If we fail to meet any of these standards, and we are notified in writing and we do not rectify the matter within two business days, we will manage your property for three months management fee free.
This Guarantee does not apply when:
- We are requested to carry out non-standard duties.
- Matters are outside our control. For example, a natural disaster or accident.