Goodwins is committed to protecting your investment. We carefully select our tradespeople; professionals who have proven time and again to be at the top of their field.
As third party independent contractors, all tradespeople are required to sign a Service Level Agreement with Goodwins ensuring you the very highest quality of service. All relevant Practitioner Licences are reviewed by Goodwins senior property manager. A copy of the tradesperson’s current insurance certificate is held on file. Goodwin’s Service Level Agreements are renewed annually to ensure our tradespeople uphold their service promises.
Because of our large client base and the sheer volume of maintenance and repair work we process, we are able to secure competitive prices. Several of our tradespeople have been in service to Goodwins rental portfolio for more than 10 years and thoroughly understand our requirements. We trust them to perform high-quality work in a timely manner.
Good tenant relationships
Tenants are key to maintaining your property. Keeping open lines of communication encourages tenants to timeously report any issues, even those considered minor. We have 24/7 phone access for all tenants if urgent repairs arise and one of our property managers will always be available. By attending to issues quickly we reduce long-term expenditure because of disrepair.
Tips to protect your investment
- Carry out regular seasonal maintenance tasks like inspecting and cleaning gutters, decks, walkways and driveways.
- Check chimneys and clean if necessary prior to winter. It’s a good idea to block off unusable fireplaces to prevent draughts.
- Make sure extractor fans are clean and working.
- Change ventilation filters every 2 years.
- Check for signs of pest infestation.
- Trim back overhanging branches to reduce gutter maintenance.
- Make sure smoke alarms are in working order at the start of each new tenancy.
- Commercially clean the exterior of the house every few years to obliterate build-up of moss and mould.
Our property managers are dedicated to ensuring even minor problems are addressed before they become major complications. Contact us to look after your property.