Goodwin Realty Ltd Complaints Procedure
At Goodwins we are committed to providing you with excellent customer service. If you have a complaint, we will do everything possible to resolve the matter in a prompt and professional manner.
Steps to take if you have a complaint:
Complain to Goodwins first.
- Please contact the manager of the office who will personally investigate your complaint and return to you with their findings. If we have made a mistake, we would like an opportunity to resolve the problem. If there is a misunderstanding, we will attempt to clarify the situation.
- When contacting the manager it is important to use the word “Complaint” so that they are in no doubt that you are beginning the complaints process.
- Please specify:
- which licensee (salesperson) the complaint is about.
- The address of the property in relation to the complaint.
- Give details of the nature of the complaint.
- Once the manager has received your complaint, they will confirm receipt and will investigate the complaint and will respond to you within 10 working days to try and resolve the matter.
- Goodwins will not charge you for assessing your complaint
- Goodwins agrees not to take further action over any amounts in dispute while they are working through the complaints process.
- If you remain unsatisfied, you can write to the Catherine Goodwin the Managing Director of Goodwins, providing a full explanation and all correspondence.
- Upon receipt of any written complaint, The Managing Director will acknowledge receipt of your complaint. The Managing Director will review the situation in full and reply in writing within 10 working days.
- If, after 20 working days you have not reached an acceptable solution, or you have not received an answer from Goodwins, you may choose to take the complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority.
Going to the Authority
- Once you have been through the Goodwins’ complaints procedure and in the unlikely event you are not satisfied with our response/actions you may wish to complain to the Real Estate Agents Authority.
- To do this you can go to their website and follow the complaints procedure there. www.reaa.govt.nz
- You may access the Real Estate Agents Authority’s complaints process direct without first using the Goodwins in‐house procedures and the use of the in‐house procedures does not preclude you making a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority.