Following the Prime Minister’s announcement that New Zealand has moved to Alert Level 1 from 11.59pm on Monday 8 June – there is no longer a requirement to practice physical distancing during real estate activity.
The ’10 Golden Rules for Alert Level 1’ from the Government are as follows:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work, school or socialise
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline. Get tested!
- Wash your hands. Wash your hand. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow and regularly clean shared surfaces
- You must self-isolate if you’re told by officials to do so
- Stay healthy, work with your GP if you have underlying health issues
- Keep track of where you’ve been
- Businesses help people keep track of movements by displaying the QR code
- Stay vigilant
- Be kind to others and be kind to yourself.
With particular reference to points 7. and 8. around helping individuals to keep track of their movement, Goodwins will continue, as we always have, to have prospective tenants pre-register to attend our open homes. At minimum, first and surname, e-mail address, and mobile phone number will be collected; and, this will ensure we can effectively contact trace every person that our business comes in contact with, in the unlikely event that this should become necessary.
We are please asking that you continue to make full use of online photographs, virtual reality tours, and videos to ensure that the property you are enquiring after is of serious interest to you; and, you are also encouraged to submit your tenancy application prior to viewing-time: Apply here This will allow we can work with you, in advance, to ensure this property is absolutely suitable to your needs, and the minimum of time will be required when speaking, in person. This is a very strong recommendation to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work — we all have a part to play in keeping each other safe.
Our business will continue to maintain strict hygiene measures including hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces.
Hand sanitiser will be available for use by all attendees prior to entering and, upon exiting property.
As-always, we will ask that shoes are removed prior to entry.
We shall be maintaining every effort under Alert Level 1 to ensure your time at the property is essentially, ‘contactless’ and surfaces, doors, cupboards need not be touched. If you require assistance in this regard, please alert member of our Team.
Following each viewing, we will continue to sanitise any areas attendees may have accidentally touched. For this purpose, we shall use a product that is anti-viral and follow instructions.
In closing, we please ask you take special note:
- Those feeling unwell, who are self-isolating, or, have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 during the past 14 days are please not to attend a physical inspection.
- By attending our appointment, you will be making a statement in declaration that you are feeling well, and, have had no contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19, or, any other reason to self-isolate during the past 14 days.
- We will retain attendance registers in case, and for the sole reason that they are requested by Worksafe or the Ministry of Health.
- Should you become unwell within 14 days of attending our viewing, please contact Goodwins via our CEO, Catherine Goodwin on 021 437 710or, by e-mail email@example.com
Should you require any further detail, or, assistance at this time, and/or have any questions, or, concerns in relation to this e-mail, please do not hesitate to speak with myself by return e-mail or on my mobile telephone number; our CEO, Catherine Goodwin firstname.lastname@example.org; or, our General Manager, Vicki Carrington email@example.com.
We encourage everyone to keep an eye on the COVID-19 website for further information.
Fingers crossed it’s not too long before international borders re-open, and the country can truly get up and running again.