Auckland moved to Alert Level 3 of the NZ Government’s Covid-19 Regime at 11.59pm on the 21st of September.
During Alert Level 3 “open homes”, in their traditional sense, are not permitted. Instead, properties must be inspected strictly by appointment only, and, with the consent of both landlord, and property occupants/tenants.
There is a set maximum-number of 2 private viewings per day at a property, with a maximum of only two people from the attendee’s ‘extended bubble’ to be present at each viewing.
In order to keep our number of viewings, and, therefore, physical contact to an absolute minimum, all prospect tenants will be encouraged to complete Goodwins’ tenancy application prior to a viewing time being arranged; and this tenancy application will be processed in advance of your physical inspection.
Essentially, we are please asking that prospect tenants make full use of online photographs, virtual reality tours, and videos to ensure this property is of very serious interest to you.
On-the-whole, a physical viewing by prospect-tenant will now be the concluding-step before application is submitted to owner for their final acceptance.
Upon arrival, we please ask that you remain in your vehicle, or, on footpath at front of the property, and our property manager will wave to welcome you.
All parties must wear a face covering.
Physical distancing of 2 metres shall always be maintained.
We will have generated a unique QR code for rental viewings, and it is mandatory that any person visiting the property scans-in.
We shall also display appropriate COVID-19 information and hygiene notices at property.
Particularly, to remember that the best defence against Covid-19 is basic hygiene measures like thorough hand washing with soap and water and sneezing and coughing into your elbow.
Hand sanitiser will be available for use by all attendees prior to entering and, upon exiting property.
Shoes must please be removed prior to entry.
We respectfully retain the right to refuse entry to any person who will not abide these requirements.
Every effort is being made to ensure your time at the property is essentially, ‘contactless’ and surfaces, doors, cupboards must not be touched. If you require assistance in this regard, please alert member of our Team.
Viewings will be kept as brief as reasonably possible.
Following each viewing, we will sanitise any areas attendees may have accidentally touched. For this purpose, we shall use a product that is anti-viral and follow instructions.
Goodwins’ viewing times shall be spaced sufficiently apart to allow time for sanitising after each viewing, as required; and, to ensure there is no contact between attendees.
In closing, we please also ask you take special note:
- Those feeling unwell, who are self-isolating, or have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 during the past 14 days are please not to attend a physical inspection.
- By attending our appointment, you will be making a statement in declaration that you are feeling well and have had no contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19, or any other reason to self-isolate during the past 14 days.
- No private viewings at properties are permitted where the client/occupants have been unwell with flu like symptoms, are self-isolating or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- People at high risk of COVID-19 (for example people unvaccinated over 65 years of age), should not attend a private viewing, and,
- Private viewings should not take place in properties where any occupant is at high-risk.
- Should you become unwell within 14 days of attending our viewing, please contact Goodwins via our CEO, Catherine Goodwin on 021 437 710 or, by e-mail email@example.com
- We will retain attendance registers in case they are requested by Worksafe or the Ministry of Health.
The real estate profession is committed to working with the Government and our communities to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a profession, we are united against COVID-19 and will do our utmost to protect our workers, the wider community, and New Zealand.