Information about New Zealand’s Alert Level system, and summaries of the measures that may be applied at each Alert Level can be reviewed at the following link: https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/about-the-alert-system/
At Alert Level 1, there is no legislated requirement to practice physical distancing during real estate activity. However, at Alert Level 1, we all need to be ready in case Covid-19 reappears in our community.
There remains ‘10 Golden Rules for Alert Level 1’ from the Government, which we are abiding:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work, school, or socialise
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline. Get tested
- Wash your hands
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow and regularly clean shared surfaces
- You must self-isolate if you’re told by officials to do so
- Stay healthy, work with your GP if you have underlying health issues
- Keep track of where you’ve been
- Businesses help people keep track of movements by displaying the QR code
- Stay vigilant
- Be kind to others and be kind to yourself.
We please also ask you take special note:
- Those feeling unwell, who are self-isolating, or, have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 during the past 14 days are please not to attend a physical inspection.
- By attending our appointment, you will be making a statement in declaration that you are feeling well, and, have had no contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19, or, any other reason to self-isolate during the past 14 days.
- High risk people are discouraged from attending viewings (e.g. those over 70 or those with other pre-existing medical conditions). If this applies to you, we will work as best we can to make alternate arrangements. Perhaps a family member, or, close friend could attend on your behalf and use live streaming to ‘walk’ you through.
- No private viewings are permitted at a property where the client/occupants have been unwell with flu like symptoms, are self-isolating, or, have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 within the previous 14 days.
- No private viewings are permitted in homes where the occupants are high risk (e.g. elderly, or, with pre-existing medical conditions). These properties will only be available for viewing once tenant has vacated. Your pre-registration is invited.
- We will retain attendance registers in case they are requested by Worksafe or the Ministry of Health. Should you become unwell within 14 days of attending our viewing, please contact Goodwins via our CEO, Catherine Goodwin on 021 437 710 or, by e-mail email@example.com
The health and well-being of our team, landlord-clients and tenants, prospect-clients and tenants, and our wider community is of the utmost importance to Goodwins.
We recommend you monitor closely our National Website: https://covid19.govt.nz/, to stay informed, and find advice of how to keep your household safe and well; and, how to access healthcare, support and essential services, as needed.
Comprehensive summaries are being regularly provided to Goodwins’ landlord-clients and tenants. These e-mailed updates are complemented by emergency announcements, and/or small soundbites of information as they come-to-hand being shared via our company Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GoodwinsNZ/. This page provides an intentional mix of business and other community information.
Should you be an owner of rental property, and struggling to make sense of any part of the COVID-19 Response (Urgent Management Measures) Legislation Bill as it relates to residential tenancies, we welcome your contact.
Should it become necessary that our offices close, again, please be assured that our entire team now have well-established home offices. This includes our leadership, business development, and administration teams, and all property managers serving both our residential and commercial property portfolios.
Goodwins has invested significantly to ensure we are largely cloud-based, and all our Team have a secure log-in to Goodwins server from our home PC’s and laptops. Our Team has well established internal communication networks that will ensure our workflows are maintained as well as they possibly can be. We are similarly assured by our various technology partners that they are at near-full operational capacity. As has been well proven-now, we are also able to rearrange most meetings via alternate ‘virtual’ meeting forums!